Posted by: fugde | 2009-01-19

tumor in ovaries

my left ovary measured 150*100*70mm right ovary 80*50*40mm both weighed 684 grams both cycts where filled with sebaceouse material and hair had two benign cystic tertomas. doc never explained whats was going to happen after tumor was cut i only have half of my right ovary left will i still be able to convieve and he operated with a cancer doctor. was fustrated with the fact that i never go the answers to the questions i asked. will i have cancer.

Dear Fudge
These tumours are not cancer. If you still have ovarian tissue left you may still be able to conceive although you may find it difficult/it may take longer to get pregnant. Teratomas are tumours that you are born with and most of them are only diagnosed much later in life. (If you menstruate every month, you are probably still ovulating and will be able to conceive.) It makes me so cross if doctors don't explain to patients what they can expect after an operation!

Posted by: ly | 2009-04-05

is there any oral treatment 2 shrink it rather dan operation

Reply to ly
Posted by: fudge | 2009-01-21

thank you.

Reply to fudge