Posted by: Jay | 2011-11-03

tummy tuck issue

Ihad a full tummy tuck about 8 years ago, when I had it done I got infection and the dr re-opened the wound and cut the dead tissue away, but there is some hard tissue beneath the scar and today (3/11) started feeling painfull or sentive to the touch. the sensitive part is small, about 1cm. what is causing the pain and is this normal for someone who had a tummy tuck?

Unfortunately, you had a tummy tuck with a complication of wound infection. Scar tissue has formed. This is why your skin is sensitive to the touch. You should consult your doctor to exclude infection in the area that has become painful to the touch.

In the interim, you can use Ibuprofen to alleviate the pain and discomfort. This is available over the counter.