Question
Posted by: Heidi | 2010/02/24

Tummy trouble

Hi. My 3 yr old Jack Russell has been struggling (and of late, waiting for someone to pick him up) to jump up and down (from the couch or bed, for example). The day before yesterday, he winced with pain when I picked him up and held him in my arms. He is fine running up and down the stairs though. I took him to the vet two weeks ago to get his annual shots and he was dewormed. The vet did not notice anything out of the ordinary. He doesn''t appear to be under the weather generally, is of normal weight and is eating. Last week, I noticed that his stomach was quivering and I gave him some gripe water (for babies), which helped. Does he have a stomach ailment and how will it be diagnosed?

Dear

I do not know if there is something wrong. The best person to ask is a vet. It is impossible to give you any advice with those vague symptoms

2
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/02/25

Dear

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: Chill | 2010/02/24

He is more likely to have a joint or back problem, if you ask me. He could have a sprain, or something else.

You don''t give enough information for anyone to tell if there''s a stomach problem - is he eating normally? what does he eat? Are his stools normal?

Reply to Chill