Question
Posted by: Lily | 2010/08/30

Tummy problem

I have been having numerous problems with my tummy. Acid reflux, burnig pain and i was also passing stool with a lot of mucus. I then went to the doctor and i was told i have a bacteria in my system and was given antibiotics, which i have finished taking. Now my problem is that in my stool i see these little black thread-like things and i would like to know what they could be and what caused all this.

Hallo Lilly
Black coffee ground type things in the stool could be an indication of a bleeding ulcer. I think you should let your doctor know as you may need to have a gastroscopy (examination of the stomach lining by fibre optic camera). They may need to send a stool sample to the lab for testing too.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/30

Hallo Lilly
dr Bets