Question
Posted by: sensitive | 2011-07-27

tummy issues

Hello Travel Doc,

I have to go to the UK and a short trip to France, but I always battle with an upset stomach (nausea and/or runs) when I go.

Someone said that I should take probiotics and someone else said I should take those air travel immune-booster fizzies - would these help me?

Expert ImageTravel expert

This is a common problem. Drink sparkling water only and clean your teeth with it as well while away.

Wash hands well and follow up with Alcohol/waterless hand gel as disinfectant.
There is a product called Travelan which you can take with each meal which stops E. Coli from attaching to the gut lining.

I generally use this for travellers doing the Egyptian Nile boat criuse! Pro biotics won''t give you much protection.

1
Posted by: Travel expert | 2011-07-28

Reply to Travel expert