Question
Posted by: Lebo | 2011/07/12

Tummy issues

Hi Doc Im a 27 year old mother of 2, im over weight and i need to get it off very fast as im walking down the aisle in 5 months time, i have a very big tummy from my pregnancies how can i get it off without surgery? I also struggle with my back I look like im carrying tyres on my waist and on my back .

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hello Lebo,
Congratulations on your engagement. Okay, I know that every bride (and groom) wants to look their best when they walk down the isle. Nothing wrong with that, but if you are considering anything radical to lose weight, think twice. If anything, I suggest that you consult with a dietician and eat in a sensible way. If you cannot afford a dietician, please email me and I will suggest one of the very few good commercial dietary programmes available. I do not want to advertise them here. What weight (and inches) you lose in the next five months must be as a result of sensible eating and moderate exercise. Do something radical and you will not only be unhealthy, predispose yourself to weight gain after a short while, but your fiancé will be marrying a grumpy zombie. Hmmm, that is not okay. Lebo, your partner loves you for who you are, tummy and all. That does not mean that you should neglect your health or appearance, but get perspective here. Look after yourself now, as you will be making the best investment in your relationship with you and your marriage. Does this make sense? All the best for your preparations (I’m talking about your whole wedding), and your long life together with your partner.
Regards,
Graham

3
Posted by: nocebo | 2011/08/02

i had caesarian section last year of my twins, i have a large tummy, and i need to loose 50kg for me to do my breast reduction

Reply to nocebo
Posted by: lily | 2011/07/14

Same problem here doc. Had 2 c-sections last year in 9 months. First one was to have surgery &  2nd to deliver my triplets. Now I cant get the weight off &  my tummy is large. need to lose 40kg. Have been Tony ferguson diet, but it is expensive.

Reply to lily
Posted by: Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert | 2011/07/14

Hello Lebo,
Regards,
Graham

Reply to Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert