Question
Posted by: Nonhlanhla | 2010/11/02

Tummy fat

Hi please help

I have been trying for a while to loose tummy fat to no avail. i started gaining weght before i fell pregnant, i gave birth 7 months ago. my bidy is ok but my stoimach is very big. please help me loose the tummy fat and a little bit of the body fat.
i''m desparate please help.

thank you.

Dear Nonhlanhla
Congratulations on the birth of your baby. If you need to lose weight in general, then you can use an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for at least 30 min a day. Now in regard to your tummy, both the Caesarian section for the delivery of your baby and the skin stretching action of the pregnancy, may have caused the muscles of your tummy to lose their tone. Do try doing targeted exercises like situps to see if you can help the muscles tighten up again (ask Fitness Doc for a set of exercises that tighten the tummy muscles). This can be a long process, so give it time. However, if after 6 months of regular daily tummy exercises, your tummy is still wobbly, then you may have to consult a plastic surgeon in regard to a tummy tuck. It is, however not a good idea to have a tummy tuck until you have had all the babies you plan to have.
I hope you can regain muscle tone on your tummy.

1

Dear Nonhlanhla