Question
Posted by: GenV | 2009/06/15

Tummy Fat

Hallo doc
Overall my body is in good posture / shape, but I realy battle with the tummy, it constantly look as if I am 7 mnths pregnant! What are the main foods to avoid for loosing the tummy fat? Or what are teh reasons for putting om fat arround the belly?

Dear GenV
Now this problem with a protruding tummy can be due to a number of factors: a) Bloating or gas which makes your tummy stick out so that one looks pregnant - this is often caused by conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome, b) Fat deposits in the abdominal area which occur with increasing age (?) or due to conditions like metabolic syndrome, c) Slack muscles in the abdominal area. You will have to decide which one of these factors is causing your tummy to protrude. If you are not overweight and don't suffer from bloating then I would suggest that you do targeted exercises (like sit-ups) to tighten the tummy muscles. You can ask Fitness Doc on this Website for a set of such exercises. If you suspect that you do have bloating or abdominal fat deposits then first have a medical checkup so that we can obtain a diagnosis and then make the necessary dietary adjustments (for example metabolic syndrome requires a low-fat, low-GI diet).

2
Posted by: tots | 2009/06/16

how do i calculate body mass?

Reply to tots
Posted by: tots | 2009/06/16

how do i calculate body mass?

Reply to tots