Posted by: tweety | 2008-11-27

tummy bug?

Hi Doc,

i would just like some advice please, since yesterday i have been experiencing nausea, and my tummy is upset but not the whole time, last night the nausea was very bad it felt like i wanted to vomit the whole ime, i' m also having cramps in my lower left and right just below my tummy but it' s not constant it comes and goes, i have no energy and can' t stand the site of food even though im hungry but the moment i eat im very nauscious and my tummy cramps, my whole body is also aching, what can be the cause of this? can it be a tummy bug?

Dear Tweety
Yes it sounds like a gastro infection. Try Valoid for the nausea, Scopex for the cramping, get some Kaopectin to help for the diarrhoea and take probiotics 3 times a day. If it does not get better with this in about 48 hours or you are feverish and can't keep anything down, please see your doctor