Question
Posted by: Lauls | 2009/05/26

Tummy

hi doc. Recently about once a week in the morning I get an extremely sore stomach. It cramps at the bottom, I get diahorrea very badly, feel very feverish and sick and then its gone in 10 minutes. But it happens on a weekly basis in the morning. It' s very unusual because I don' t eat anything strange or different. I don' t know what this could be caused by, should I not worry or should I go to the doctor?

Dear Lauls
Sometimes one gets infected with a parasite called gardia lamblia, this can cause periodic episodes of diarrhoea and cramping - so send away some stool to the lab to test for it.
Other causes could be an allergy to something you eat like milk or cheese.