Posted by: Naomi | 2012-01-31

Tuc N mini cheaddars

Hi Diet Doc
Im trying to lose weight and I snack on fruits, BUT sometimes I crave salty something like chips but instead I decided to go for TUC bicuits and mini cheddars . HOW BAD are they ?? I heard Tuc is the best option in terms of calories ?? please advise.

Dear Naomi
I do not have the energy value for Mini Cheddar biscuits, but according to the standard Tuc biscuit label, 1 cracker weighs 3.6 g and provides 18 kcal or 76 kJ and 0.8g of fat (23%). I would presume that the Mini Cheddars are similar in composition but possibly weigh less. You will have to weigh the quantity that you eat per portion and calculate how many kJ such a portion contains. In general, it is a better nutritional option to eat high-fibre, low-GI crackers (e.g. ProVita), as they have a lower fat content and are less inclined to raise your blood sugar and insulin levels. You can always eat the high-fibre crackers with a salty spread such as Marmite or Bovril, etc.