Question
Posted by: Bubu | 2012/08/16

Tuc biscuits

Hi Doc,

i jus want to find out if having a packet of tuc biscuits(six in a pack) consitute as a healthy snack? ive noticed they are a bit salty with some fat. im trying to be cautious with my snackin as im trying to loose weight. plz also advise on cream crackres as opposed to normal bisuits.

Thanking you in advance.

Bubu

Dear Bubu
Any food that contains more than 950 kJ per 100 g is classed as High in Energy - according to the product label, Tuc biscuits contain 2055 kJ per 100g and should not be used in a weightloss diet. In addition, any food that contains 22g of fat per 100g, is regarded as High in Fat and should not be used in a weightloss diet. Cream crackers contain 1857 kJ and 16.3 g of fat per 100g according to the SA Food Tables and are also not ideal for weightloss diets. I would recommend that you rather use Provita which have a low glycaemic index (GI) and a scraping of Marmite or a bit of fat-free cottage cheese instead of the high-fat, high-energy, high-salt crackers that are available in the market.

3
Posted by: isabel thompson | 2016/02/14

i buy tuc every week regularly and i have just discoved tuc bacon and they are absolutely delicious. my problem is that i live in liverpool and the only place i can buy them is in B & M in the strand in Bootle. they are like golddust i think they only get 1 delivery once a week and they are gone as soon as they arrive. could you get B&M to advance their order by at least 100. while i was looking in other shops to buy them i noticed that ritz have started a bacon biscuit. by the way i have tried the sour cream and onion they are nice but as soon as you spread anything on them they break up in your hand.

Reply to isabel thompson
Posted by: haider | 2012/09/08

tuc biscuits as you mentioned shouldn''t be taken in a weightloss diet...so can you please name a biscuit which can be taken in a weightloss diet???and also tell that does chicken drumsticks or the chicken broast increase the amount of fats in one''s body??

Reply to haider

Dear Bubu