Question
Posted by: mom2be | 2010/06/02

tubes tied after caesarean?

Hi.

Is it possible to have my tubes tied right after a caesarean section when they take the baby out? This is my fourth pregnancy, and I have no plans to have any more children, but find a hysterectomy a bit to permanent. Would it have an effect on my hormones, or would the loop be a better option?

A sterilisation at this time is quite possible. It would not affect your hormones at all.

4

Posted by: boomsie | 2010/06/03

the loop came out and my mom got pregnant again, its not a guarantee, the tubes tied and having a c section at once a very good way. dont worry its no less or more pain, both csection and tubes tied or either just c section hurts like hell!

Reply to boomsie
Posted by: sandles | 2010/06/02

i''ve got the same question. just want to know about aftercare and if it would hurt more than just a c-section? thanks!

Reply to sandles
Posted by: H | 2010/06/02

His Yes I had my tubes cut at the same time as my c-section - it takes about 15 minutes to do.

Reply to H