Question
Posted by: Jo -Anne | 2009/11/22

Tubes sterilization

After our third child we decided to have me sterilised by having my tubes cut and tied not realising that we would loose our last child.Is it possible to have this reversed even though my tubes were cut and tied?
I really would like to have another child if possible.
Jo-Anne

The success with reversal is low - about 5%. The other option is IVF.

5

Posted by: SAME AS YOU | 2009/11/23

How many times did you go for IVF? And the results? Hope you are a mommy of a perfect bundle of joy!!!!

Reply to SAME AS YOU
Posted by: J | 2009/11/23

That is very cheap for IVF! Here in Durban I paid about R35 000. I also had my tubes cut, and have had IVF, so I think that would be your best option.

Reply to J
Posted by: SAME AS YOU | 2009/11/23

Hi, I also underwent sterlization. Got filshnie clips. However there is very little doctors who still does reversal of this procedure and success rate very low. The 2nd option is IVF. I went to PTA East Fertility Clinic. The cost involved plus minus R15 000. However it is difficult to raise this money and are hoping to go in the new year 2010, as the medical aids does not cover this. I am 36 years old. You can contact me on 011 9223743.

Reply to SAME AS YOU