Question
Posted by: DTBM | 2012-06-21

TTC : When to see gynae

Dear Doc

If you could advise asap I would greatly appreciate it.

I have just completed a course of 50mg clomid daily. Today is day 7. I would like my gynae to do a checkup to see if egg has been released and if possible if implantation could have occured. Last month my LH surge showed on day 14 - so basically I want to know how many days after ovulation should I make the appointment for? I need to see if things are working properly

Dear DTBM
It is important to see the gynae from day 10 of the menstrual cycle and do follicle tracing using the intra-vaginal ultra sound scanning. It is important to time it according to the date of suspected ovulation or slightly before that time, and the ultra sound scan would be extremely valuable in this instance. As an alternative, your home ovulation kits work equally well if done properly. It can be purchased over the counter