Posted by: Dune | 2009-01-14

TTC - using ovulation tests

Well I am TTC for my second baby. My first is turning three next month. I had an early miscarriage in November (no problems in concieving or carrying my first baby). This time it appears to be not as easy. My cycle is a little irregular (some months 26 days and some months 34 days). So, I bought some ovulation tests to "  up"  our chances of hitting the mark but I am confused. I started testing on day 10 of my cycle (as per the instructions). It showed positive and by yesterday (day 15) the tests still showed positive for the LH surge. Now I am wondering how long does the LH surge last? Would I be fertile on all those days? How can I tell which day I actually ovulated? (I am trying to track ovulation). If I had sex on day 7 was it too early to fall pregnant if the LH surge started on day 10? (We havent had sex since as I have had a terrible tummy bug in between so not in the mood for it). Please can you asisst with helping me to interpret the test results?

Periods are often irregular for a few months after a miscarriage. The test should not be positive for so long. I would suggest that you ignore this month and try again next month. The idea is to start testing on Day and, when the test becomes positive, you should ovulate 24-48 hours later. It may be that the hormones from the miscarriage are still interfereing.

Posted by: jonny | 2009-01-15

I dont know the solution to your problem but im hoping u' ll help me cos you have information i need..where did you buy ovulation tests from? cos i would also want to learn more about this things as im also trying to beat my ovulation for the past 2 yrs and im failing..

Reply to jonny