Posted by: Biki | 2010-11-23

TTC is driving me crazy

Hi. My husband and I have been ttc for 7 months. Although it sounds like a short period of time, if feels like a lifetime to me. He is a diabetic type 1 and I am a contolled petimal epileptic. My neurologist have put me on more safer medication for pregnancy during my last visit. My husband is currently using Staminogro, which I hear is a good vitamin when TTC. Is Type 1 diabetic bad for sperm. And is there anything we can do to enhance our chances for pregnancy?

Dear Biki
The condition of diabetes especially type 1 diabetes may affect sperm parameters. However before you can think of doing anything to enhance your chances of pregnancy it is first important to find out if a problem exists or not. From the male factor side, which appears to be your major concern, an easy test would be to send your husband for a semen analysis and that will clearly indicate if there are any abnormalities present that may decrease your chances of conceiving.

Answered by Dr Dasoo

Posted by: BIki | 2011-01-13

My husband and myself have undergone tests to see if a problem exists with any one of us two. My husband is 100%, but the tests revealed that I do not ovulate. I am so glad that we went for the tests. At least we know now. I was prescribed Clomid and pray that it is our answer.

Reply to BIki
Posted by: Biki | 2010-12-02

Thankyou so much all the replies. was so supprised when I checked my post and found so many woman feeling exactly the same as me. Some days are worst than other and I must say today is an especially bad on for me. I am the first to admit that I am absolutely obsessed with falling pregnant. Have googled absolutely everything to enhance my chances..and yet nothing helped. I bought ovulation tests and a therometer yesterday to monitor my basale temperature each morning. Hoping that this will help. Good luck to all the ladies in the same mindframe as me.

Reply to Biki
Posted by: Maria | 2010-11-25

We tried for 7 years - and unfortunately the stress just got too much and we ended up divorcing. Never give up hope - but dont ever let ttc control your life. Its HARD - still today I cry. The yearning for a baby wont go away. I PRAY to get preggies soon. God Bless and Good Luck!

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Pally | 2010-11-25

We''ve been ttcing for 7yrs, i am 36 and hubby is 40. i have stage 4 endometriosis &  one ovary functioning. we''ve done 4 failed IVFs, we are planning to go again in Jan. But the pain is still the same whether 7 months or 7 years. Please dont ever give up hope bcos you''ll stop trying. Take one day at a time, surround yourself with people who can understand, find someone you can talk to withought judging. I use those as couping mechanisms. I dont attend baby showers becuase they are too painfull for me, i always come up with an excuse. Stay away from situations which will be stress triggers.

Reply to Pally
Posted by: L | 2010-11-24

hubby and I tried for 6 yrs before falling preggies and I have a friend who tried for 14 yrs.

Just hang in there. 7 mths is not a long time. On average it takes about a year to fall preggies. If after a year, ur not preggies, then time to consult a fertility specialist.

Reply to L
Posted by: W | 2010-11-23

Hi How are you I know how you are feeling we have been ttc for 4 years now with no luck &  it has become a very bad thing we cant talk about it &  we fight over it all the time if you would like to join us we talk at mom 2 mom about ttc come &  join us for support thank you

Reply to W