Posted by: azurah | 2010-10-30

TTC at 31

Ive had IVF previously at your facility,and it was sucessful, but we lost the baby midway though the pregnancy due to pre- term labour.
I fell pregnant naturally right after.. and I now have a 3 yr old daughter.
Ive been TTC for another child, but no luck this time. Hubby has low sperm count, and also put on alot weight now, and having intercourse has become difficult. I seriously dont feel him deep enough when he penerates me and sometimes he has low libido. does this affect the chances of the sperm swimming through the cervix if its not penerated all the way in?
do u recommend that we try artificial insemination to quicken this process. I wana be pregnant asap. but I cant afford another IVF here overseas.

Dear Azurah

It is possible that decreased frequency of coitus and poor penetration can contribute to the fertility problem, particularly were the sperm parameters are somewhat depressed. I would recommend a sperm analysis be done at this stage and certainly moved towards intrauterine insemination or IVF based on the results.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim