Question
Posted by: WVW | 2010/07/20

TTC &  D& C

Good day
I would like to know me &  hubby has been strugling to get pregnant for 4 years now in January 2010 i had a missed carrage i was 10-12 weeks allong without nowing i was pregnant cause every thing was normal &  i had my period each and every month whille i was pregnant. i had a D &  C on the 13/01/2010 since then every thing return to normal i have normal period on a regular 28 day cycle. But i am not falling pregnant again what couldt be wrong &  what must i do? My only child is all readdy 13. Must i get clomid or something to make sure i am ovulating ? Please I need help ?

Dear WVW

Although you have had difficulty trying to achieve a second pregnancy the fact that you fell pregnant and unfortunately had a miscarriage is a good sign that you still have the ability to fall pregnant. The best test that one can do will not supersede the fact that a pregnancy has occurred. Which means that with time one should still be able to conceive as you are have a normal regular 28-day cycle the chances are high that you are ovulating on your own. If you are under 35 then I suggest you wait this entire year out and try and have regular timed intercourse and most likely by the end of the year you should be able to conceive. If you still do not conceive by the end of the year then I suggest you see a gynaecologist so that tests can be done and treatment can be instituted to improve your chances of falling pregnant.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/07/27

Dear WVW

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert