Posted by: Anon | 2009-01-20

TTC - 9 months and still nothing

Dear Doc

Its been 9mnts since i let the pill. I had a regular 26 day cycle until Dec08 it was 30 days. In Jan 09 on the 26th day there was a brownish I am hoping that it will go back to 26 days. Please advise what else we could do to fall pregnant as I get very depressed every mnt from the disappointment. I calculate my fertile days as accurately as possible and still we had not conceived. Please help...... really desparate..........

It can take up to a year for a normal healthy couple to conceive. Stress can interfere with this, so try not to focus on it so much.

Posted by: Anon | 2009-01-21

Thanks for the support.

I did get a puppy a few months ago ..... I know what you mean......... its amazing how much joy he brings to our lives....We treat him as we would our own child.... I just got my period I am feeling very down...and emotional.............

My husband told me to just concentrate on my studies and work and our home and not focus too much on having a baby and that he has no doubt that it will happen. We did make an appointment with a gynae for the earliest date available and that is in March.

I am going to get an ovulation kit .... that would be more accruate than my calculation.

I just hope this feeling of emptiness is replaced by the joy and fulliment of being a mother ......soon.....

Thanks and regards

Posted by: tt | 2009-01-20

I also think u should consult ure gynae to see if all is well with u &  ure partner.

Reply to tt
Posted by: LS | 2009-01-20

I understand exactly how you feel, because when I was in my 9th month of leaving the pil without getting pregnant, I was also feeling like there was something wrong with me, and I became very depressed.

Then my husband bought me a puppy, the cutest little thing, and emediatly, I forgot about everything, and the mother in me came out, to look after this puppy, day and night.... then 2 weeks later I got pregnant.

Mabe you also just need someting to take your mind off getting pregnant. I know it is hard to put it out of your mind, but it is the only thing that is going to work. Our lives are filled with stress, and it is a very effective ANTI-pregnancy hormone.

Every gynae will tell you to try for atleast one year before thinking of taking fertility drugs... wait the few months longer, maybe you will still be surprised.

Reply to LS
Posted by: RW | 2009-01-20

Have you tried using an ovulation test?

Reply to RW