Question
Posted by: Gabby | 2012/08/06

TTC

Im 39 yrs old and we ttc our second baby. Its been a month and half since I hav left the birth control pill. Been on the pill for over 3 yrs. Im currently using folic acid
Im am positve but also have concerns which is
1. Trying ttc at my age ( what are the chances?).
2. The time for the pill to work out my system.(approx Time)
3. Would you suggest I perhaps visit a Gynae to check that all is well.
If so could you also please recommend a good gynae. Im living in Cape Town- Blaauwberg area. Recommended Doctors need not specically be from the area.

In your professional opinion what would you advise me to do as point of departure in TTC.

Mny thanks

Your chances of falling pregnant at 39 yrs are slightly less than if you were in your 20s, but there is no need to worry about that at this stage. It can take a normal healthy couple up to a year conceive even without contraception. It would be a good idea to see a gynae to check for any medical illnesses like high blood pressure and also to explain risks of Down's syndrome.
Unfortunately I cannot make recommendations on this site.

1