Question
Posted by: Gabby | 2012/08/06

TTC

Good day

Im 39 yrs old and we ttc our second baby. Its been a month and half since I hav left the birth control pill. Been on the pill for over 3 yrs. Im currently using folic acid
Im am positve but also have concerns which is
1. Trying ttc at my age ( what are the chances?).
2. The time for the pill to work out my system.(approx Time)
3. Would you suggest I perhaps visit a Gynae to check that all is well.
If so could you also please recommend a good gynae. Im living in Cape Town- Blaauwberg area. Recommended Doctors need not specically be from the area.

In your professional opinion what would you advise me to do as point of departure in TTC.

Mny thanks

Dear gabby
The answer to your first question is, trying to conceive at the age of 39 is much more difficult than someone under the age of 35.once natural ability starts reducing dramatically from 390, however it is not impossible to fall pregnant, without any assistance .if however it takes more than 6 months to conceive than I suggest you seek some help from a fertility specialist. The oral contraceptive pill once it has been stopped than your ability to conceive will be from the next month only. It would be wise to see your gynaecologist or a fertility specialists to see that there are no other problems as time may be a major factor in your attempt to conceive. Unfortunately I will not be able to recommend any one in particular. You can however visit the website www.fertilitysa.co.za

1
Posted by: Fertility Expert | 2012/08/17

Dear gabby

Reply to Fertility Expert