Question
Posted by: Pearl | 2011-02-10

TTC

I just need to know how long will it take before I can fall pregnant. I took my last pill (Yasmin) on 12 January 2011. I just finished my period then, 4 days after my period, I started mensturating again on 17-22 January, I have counted my ovulation period which started on 04 Feb, I saw my gaene on 21 Jan and he said I seem to be ok, on 07 Feb I had sharp pains on my lower abdomen and went to see my GP who also specialises in chinese herbal medication, I''m on folic acid now and my GP said my uteras is enlarged on my right side. she didn''t really explain to me the causes of the except the fact that she gave me 2 chinese herb (1) Tonic Yang and (2) Relaxed Wandered. the medication are registered under the auspices of Chinaherb (Pty) Ltd, I am really uncomfortable with these medication as I dont want anything to complicate my hormones at the same time, hubby things they are good and I need to take them. Please tell me if these Chinese medication are not going to harm my chances to concieve and when I can excpet to concieve based on the info above

Dear Pearl

Unfortunately I am not familiar with the Chinese medication that you have mentioned and I am not aware of any effects that these medications may have on your fertility. I would strongly recommend that you use a more accurate test for ovulation such as the urine ovulation prediction kits which are fairly reliable in predicting when ovulation is likely to occur. However I will also encourage you to have a full fertility evaluation including your hormone status as well as a test for patency of your fallopian tubes and also to have your partners’ sperm analysis done. It is only with all this information at hand that a more accurate predication can be made of your fertility status and based on the results a treatment plan can be put in place if necessary.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: Pearl | 2011-02-28

Hi Doc and all

I just thought I should share my story of hope with all. On Monday last week, hubby and I decided to go back to gym as we woke up one day with 9 kg extra and I really pushed myself hard on 5 sets of crunches, 20 minutes treadmil and 20 minutes bike, on Saturday I went over to my sister''s house who complained about my sudden weight gain, she forced me at gun point (literaly) to take HPT, and guess what, the 2 clear pink lines showed. Today is monday morning and I''m seeing my doctor to determine how far am I, my ribs still hurts from the excersise but right now I''m exctied and nevours at the same time as this is my first pregnancy!

To all ladies out there TTC, please dont lose hope, I realised it took me a month to fall preggies and it''s not out of my doing but the almighty.

May you all receive blessings from him!

Pearl

Reply to Pearl
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011-02-18

Dear Pearl

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert