Posted by: Sarah-Lee | 2009-01-14

Hi Doc.
I have been TTC for 2 years with no luck.
I was on Mercilon then on Yasmin for 8 years previously.
I have a child aged 9, and would love to add to our family.
I saw my Gynae who checked internally, did an internal sonar, did a test on my husband' s sperm, and did blood tests on me. All the results were perfect. He says he can' t see why I shouldn' t be able to get pregnant.
Now he wants me to go for a whole lot of very expensive tests.
I would like to, and feel that I should try a cycle of ovulation inducing medication before I do the expensive tests, as I' m paying cash for all the tests and consultations.
Why won' t he give me a course of medication to try - he SAYS he can' t see anything wrong, why is he refusing??

Dear Sarah-Lee

If all your tests such as your husband’s tests are normal, your blood tests are all normal and your fallopian tubes are opened then I do not see any reason why you cannot go on medication to help you ovulate and time ovulation better. As for why your doctor is refusing for you to go on the medication, it appears to me that I do not see any problems for you to go onto it but it would be better if you asked him for an explanation as to why he is refusing.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo

Posted by: Sarah-Lee | 2009-01-14

P.S. Can I not obtain such medication that could help without a prescription?

Reply to Sarah-Lee