Question
Posted by: liz | 2008/06/09

TSH and T4 and Pregnancy

Hi, It's been 6 months now since I had my radio active iodine treatment. About 4 weeks back my thyroid was under active after taking Eltroxin 0.05mg. I had it tested today and currently my TSH is 0.02 and my T4 is 24.4 after taking 0.15mg of Eltroxin. We want to start trying to conceive a baby, the docter told me to drop the dose to 0.1mg Eltroxin. Is this ok? 24.4 doesn't sound THAT high to me. It was 56 before, that is when I had to take the radio active iodine. Can we keep the dose of Eltroxin to 0.15mg, is 24.4 really that high? The "kern geneeskunde" people told me that they normally tell people to wait at least six months to get pregnant, but four month is fine. But even after six months my thyroid is still not sorted out. And my invetro specialist said that my thyroid will change anyway after falling pregnant, so it doesn't help if I stabilise it now, since it will go up or down anyway.

I agree with your doctor that you should decrease the Eltroxin.