Question
Posted by: DEPRO | 2008/08/05

TRYING WITH NO SUCCESS!

Sad en depro, thats how I' m feeling today! Both my best friends are pregnant and nothing is happening with me! I was on the injection for 2 years, but stopped it Dec 2007. I used the contraceptive sticker for 3 months (my cycles were normal while using it) and then stopped 1 April 2008. My cycles have been very irregular... 38 days, 28 days, 42 days? I suppose I must go for a good check-up but I am to scared that there is something wrong with me!

Will a ovulation kit show if I am ovulating? Do I have to start with the kit at a certain time of my cycle?

Is there anyone in the same boat as I am? Doc, I know you are " gatvol"  of the same questions but I just want some advice from fellow readers.

Thanx.

You probably are not ovulating. With such an irregular cycle, it is bets to see a doctor to have it checked.

4
Posted by: Depro | 2008/08/05

Thanx for the replies - I' m already feeling better! I know there' s one person who knows when the time is right...I' m praying and must be patient I know. I will make a plan and go to a doctor to make sure every thing is fine.

To " Getting there"  - we will get there! To " MB1"  and " Annie"  - best of luck with the rest of your pragnancy!
xx

Reply to Depro
Posted by: Annie | 2008/08/05

It can take a year (from your last injection) to start ovulating again. My last injection was in March 2007 and in March 2008 I ovulated for the first time. (I was monitoring it via my basal temperature). Luckily I fell pregnant in April 2008.

Reply to Annie
Posted by: MB1 | 2008/08/05

Hi Depro
I totally know what you are saying. I struggled to fall pregnant in 2006 and then it happened! I lost my baby at 34 weeks of pregnancy (still don' t know why) in 2007. i gave birth by cesearan and went through all the after birth stuff like any other mother except without having my baby. After that i wanted to fall pregnant immediately but nothing happened. I basically went back to my normal cycle immediately (lucky i guess) but still didn' t fall pregnant. I got so depressed and actually had a nervous break down. My GP sent me to a gynie to help me fall pregnant and for 2 days i did a lot of crying and then i decided that' s it i am done i am not trying anymore. I cancelled my gynie appointment and tried " skipping my fertile days"  meaning i didn' t have sex when i was supposed to be fertile. So at the end of april i planned to go back on the pil and forget about babies. My cycle never came and i thought something is wrong.... as it turned out ...... i fell pregnant without planning too. i was shocked and in disbelieve and i went for about 3 tests and only started believing i am after i did the 1st sonar. I still get depressed and i still freak out that this baby is going to die to but for as long as i stay pregnant i have hope of having a healthy baby. My doctor takes good care of me and baby. I am sorry i know long story. but give your body time. Get yourself a good doctor that knows you and once you fall pregnant well he/she will take good care of you. It does take a long time to get the injection out of your system and normally only after a year do they do tests to see if you are infertile ect. What i am trying to say is " prepare yourself mentally and physically"  for a baby. If you fall pregnant too soon you might just loose your baby. Trust me loosing your baby is more heartbreaking than struggling to fall pregnant. At least trying can be fun and if you let go and release the pressure on yourself and hubby to fall pregnant you might actually fall pregnant out of the blue and then you are going to be more surprised than ever. i know what do i know right? I KNOW trust me i struggled for 10 months to fall pregnant. And i am now 19 weeks and all i can say is i am amazed everyday! Leave it to God to help you and forget about it let God do miracles for you.....same as he is doing for me and a lot of woman.

Reply to MB1
Posted by: Getting there | 2008/08/05

Hi Depro,

I am totally in the same boat as you... We fell preg by ' surprise'  immediately after I stopped taking the pill, but sadly miscarried at 9 weeks in Jan 08. It is now August and still waiting. My cycles were also very irregular with long &  heavy periods. Gynae put me back on pill for 3 mnths, says that hormones are going crazy &  need to regulate it before we can fall preg again. Don' t be scared to go to the doc or gynae, as this will help you progress in your quest to fall preg. I also just left my cycles as is, and after 5 mnths only went to gynae, which further delayed everything.
Apparently it can take up to 1 yr to fall preg after being on injection / pill. All the best !!

Reply to Getting there