Question
Posted by: Natalie | 2010/04/14

Trying to understand this.....

Hi there.....

I just had my hormonal levels checked at the gynae (midcycle) and my LH level was 39IU/l, FSH 56 and Oestradiol 27 ..... I don''t know what this means! I thought it indicated Premature Ovarian Failure, but my gynae said probably not and has put me on a three month course of Diane (contraceptive pill) and Estradiol (1mg per day). Does this make any sense to you?

Thanks so much,
Natalie

Dear Natalie

From the blood results that you have mentioned it appears very likely that this indicates premature ovarian failure. I am uncertain as to why your gynaecologist has put you onto a pill. However I suggest that you, after stopping the pill and the estrogen, about a month later repeat these blood tests. If these blood test are still the same as you have mentioned then certainly this would indicate premature ovarian failure.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/04/21

Dear Natalie

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert