Question
Posted by: In Pieces | 2011-03-11

Trying to move on

Hi thought i would update everyone and let you guys know that yesterday i made an appointment with a psycologist for tomorrow.Im very nervous about it but i feel like its the only way to deal with my grief properly.I just waned to find out if i should make an appointment for my little girl at a child psycologist?

Excellent idea to see a psychologist yourself, and it may be a good idea for the child to see one, though good child psychologists with experience in grief are a bit harder to find - maybe make a point of asking the psychologist you see for advice, as he/she may know a good one to recommend.
I understand your nervousness, but you'll find its unnecessary - any good shrink should be well able to put you at your ease, and should be easy to talk with - that's what they do all day, and they enjoy hearing and helping people.
Grief is hard work and takes time, but can be more productively worked on, with the aid of an expert. Let us know how it goes

2
Posted by: Jerk | 2011-03-11

Hey man.I would def make an appointment for your daughter.She mite still be young but shel have to sort out her feelings as well.The nice thing about kids is that they are resiliant.They dont try to hide their feelings.I think it would be great for her to speak to someone.Its awesome that youre taking such a big step

Reply to Jerk