Question
Posted by: ESTELLE ESTERHUIZEN | 2011-04-20

trying to loose weight

dont have the willpower to loose weight and i need to loose 50kg can you recommend a strict diet for me

Dear Estelle
If you need to lose 50 kg and do not have the willpower to stick to a diet, it won't help if I suggest a strict diet for you either. You are the only person on earth who can take the decision to stick to a diet and exercise (once you have lost some weight). I would suggest that you try using a balanced, energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet). This is not a strict diet in the sense that you have to reduce your food intake to such an extent that you get cravings or suffer constantly from hunger pangs. Such diets are usually counterproductive and lead to diet failure. A more balanced slimming diet should be able to induce weightloss, and also teach you how to eat sensibly for the rest of your life. When you start losing weight and are more mobile you can increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life)for at least 30 min a day. It may also be a good idea to purchase motivational tapes from organisations like www.innertalk.com or www.motivators.co.za to make you more motivated. But at the end of the day, you will have to take the decision to stick to your diet and your exercise programme to achieve success.

3
Posted by: JoJo | 2011-05-03

I''ve lost 30 kgs by walking 30 minutes every day and giving up wheat (by choice) as this helps me cut out pastries, cakes and loads of other fatty ready-made food. Now everyone at work knows that I am ''wheat-intolerant'' and I''m not tempted at functions. It takes prep beforehand like cooking veg or making a salad before work but it works. I add smoked chicken or tuna or steak and have similar for supper. Unlimited water and fruit.
Smoothie for desert on Sundays - banana, soyamilk, ff yoghurt, 2tsp peanut butter or 2 fingers of Kitkat. You need some fats such as avo, almonds.
Friday - 2 fingers of Kitkat as it has no toffee or nougat just wafer.

Reply to JoJo
Posted by: magda | 2011-04-20

I would also want to know how to loose the weight. I need to do it for health reasons.

Reply to magda
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-04-20

Dear Estelle