Question
Posted by: Needhelp | 2012-06-18

Trying to get pregnant

I am 43 years old, had one 18 year old daughter trying to get pregnant again. I would like to know if is it possible to get pregnant at my age or is there any supplement that I can use to make the process quicker. Desperately need your help.

At 43 years, your chances of falling pregnant are decreased - about 1-5%. This is because of the aging of your eggs. You should take folate if you are trying to conceive and remember that there is a higher risk of Down syndrome at your age.

3
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-06-22

Posted by: Tasja | 2012-06-20

Yes,a friend of mine who turned 46 last year,gave birth to a healthy baby boy last year June!It wasnt planned,but she`s been without contraception for 16 years.Was a complete surprise!Very welcome surprise,cause they have a daugther of 17!They only found out when she was 22 weeks.She had to undergo amniosintesis and lots of tests,cause of her age!

Reply to Tasja
Posted by: DTBM | 2012-06-19

Hi Needhelp
It is possible to get pregnant at your age - but I would suggest you see a gynae asap to make sure that everything is still " in good working order"  and take it from there. Normally a couple is determined " infertile"  if trying to conceive for a year without success but this is usually if they are under 35 years of age. So your best bet is to get checked out and see what doc says. Folic acid is a good supplement to take. I have been taking Pregnacare Conception which has the daily folic acid dose included.

Reply to DTBM