Posted by: Susan | 2009-01-21

Trying to get pregnant

I am not on the pill for 4 months now. I know when my ovulating times are we have been given a schedule. We are trying very actively, 3 times a week but I am still not pregnant. Is there something wrong or are we doing something wrong or does it just take longer.

I am 29 and my husband is 33 can it be our age?

My last ovulating date was the 20th of January 2009. How long after can I test to know if I am pregnant?

Please help!

It can take up to a year for a normal healthy couple to conceive.
You can test 3-4 days after missing a period.

Posted by: Leandre | 2009-01-21

Hi Susan

It took 9 months for me to fall pregnant... I know how frustrated you are, but hang in there, it will hapen on it' s own time. I know it is difficult, but you need to put it out of your mind.

Most gynae' s will tell you to wait one year, before doing tests or taking fertility drugs.

I know that there are people out there that go off the pill for only 2 weeks, and then they are pregnant, but it varies from person to person.

Good luck!

Reply to Leandre
Posted by: Susan | 2009-01-21

Good luck to you to.

How long after you have left the pill does it take to get pregnant?

Reply to Susan
Posted by: ss | 2009-01-21

The best is to wait till u miss u' re period. Good luck, Im looking foward to to night cause I' m ovulating today, also trying.

Reply to ss