Posted by: Kosmos | 2008-11-11

trying to get pregnant

Hi, HealthEd directed me here. Here' s my question:
Been on the pill for years, got off and within 4months fell pregnant. Breastfed for a year, back on Triphasil which then didn' t work for me. Tried Evra, had side effects. Have been trying for more than a year now for a second one, but no luck. Any advise on things to do or maybe natural remedies that could help?

Dear Kosmos

As a starting point it would be advisable to have a thorough hormone evaluation done including thyroid functions as well prolactin levels amongst others. Following this, a good gynaecological examination, ultrasound scans and some form of tubal evaluation is necessary. The tubes can be checked by means of a simple x-ray called an HSG. Usually after all these investigations, a simple cause of action would often result in successful conception.