Question
Posted by: shy girl | 2009-02-18

trying to get back to 64kgs

Hi Doc- i need help
Before my daughter 3 years ago- i weighed between 62-64kg and kept it that way- i am 169cm tall- i gained 18 kgs during my pregnancy- i am currently 70kg' s with trying to eat right and exercising everyday- i just cannot loose further- unless starve and thats not what i wanna do- i need help to get back to 64kg' s cause i am currently planning baby no.2 and i definately DO NOT want to gain so much weight again.
i eat as follows
1 boiled egg- slice toast- morning- or weetbix.musilie
mid morning have a banana or apple
coffee at 11am
go to gymn at 12:30pm
eat lunch- chicken/fish salad
afternoon snack- fruit or peanuts- or small popcorn
supper- i eat what i cook for hubby and daughter cause we get home quite late- is there any advise please.

Dear Shy Girl
Your present BMI = 24,5 which is still within the normal range (18-25), but when you weighed 64 kg your were closer to the ideal BMI of 22. The diet you describe should definitely cause steady weightloss, esp because you combine it with exercise, so I would recommend that you have a medical checkup just to see if your first pregnancy did not cause changes in your hormone balance (thyroid, insulin, female hormones). If you should suffer from an underactive thyroid for example, then the dr will prescribe the necessary medication. You can also an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), which is a bit more balanced than your diet - for example it contains more calcium from low-fat or fat-free milk, yoghurt and cottage cheese.