Posted by: Cassey | 2009-01-19

Trying to fall pregnant

I am turning 33, slightly overweight. My hubby is a healthy 30. I had the " loop"  (the one withouth any hormones) for about 3 years. Had it removed 9 months ago. I try and work out when I am ovulating, but somehow I must be getting it wrong. Is there any way of " testing"  when Im most fertile? Thank you. C

Dear Cassey

The use of urine home ovulation monitoring kits is extremely helpful and fairly accurate if used correctly. These testing kits such as Clear Plan are generally to be used from day 10 of your cycle if your cycle length is around 28 days. Should your cycle length be longer then it may be sometimes necessary to use two ovulation kits back to back.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim