Question
Posted by: Shirl | 2008/06/13

Trying to fall pregnant

I have endormetriosis removed twice, had an IVF conducted once last year becasue the doctor said my tubes were damaged but then I went to another doctor who sent me for Xrays and said there is nothing wrong with my tubes and that I have insullin resistance. I am so confused becasue I am still not pregnant and dont where to go, who to see and what to do. Please help me....

Dear Shirl
It is important that the diagnostic method to assess tubal damage be carefully evaluated. X – rays are not as accurate as laparoscopy with respect to tubal damage. Tubes may appear patent on x-rays but on the laparoscopy may be adherent and non – functional and therefore I would rely on the laparoscopy more than the x-rays. However this does not mean that insulin resistance is not present as this is a separate entity and should be dealt with on its own merit.