Question
Posted by: daisy | 2011-07-15

trying to concieve

I have been having unprotected intercourse for over a year with my boyfriend now and at first I was always worried incase i became pregnant, but I always took a test after having intercourse to check and be sure and it would be negative even though he ejaculated. After a while, I began to think why it wasn''t leading to me being pregnant? I have been with my boyfriend for 1 and a half years and I am nearly 17. I know its not " the age"  to become pregnant but I was wondering whether there could be something wrong with me or my partner because we have been trying properly for 10 months now. I have bought ovulation tests and calenders etc. Nothing seems to be working and I am too scared to go to the doctors because of my age. Please help.

Dear Daisy

I hope that I am not sounding to be either prescriptive or judgmental but I think trying to fall pregnant when you not even 17 years old then you should seriously really think if you want to conceive or not. Having a child is a serious responsibility and it may also affect your outcome of whatever your future plans in terms of your occupation maybe. Be that it may the only way to find out why one is not conceiving is to do testing of both your boyfriend and yourself and this would involve seeing a doctor so that they can then proceed with all the necessary tests.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

3
Posted by: Mandisa Oliphant | 2011-07-28

I''m a 27yr old woman married to a 30yr old man for about 8yrs now and we haven''t had any kids since. I have 1 child of mine whom I got when I was 17rys but not with him and he''s very frustrated because he''s never had a child, now it''s also frustrating me because we''re so wanting a child. We have not gone to a practitioner because he wanted to use traditional healers which I refused but now he''s willing to see a doctor and now I''m confused as to where to go because I want a good expert. please help!

Reply to Mandisa Oliphant
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011-07-26

Dear Daisy

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Dee | 2011-07-19

Look if this is really what you want you will need to go see a gynae.
Take my advise kid (no disrespect) leave babies for later in life, have fun while you are young - children need 24 hour care, love and lots of money for food, medical, clothing, not to mention the cost of schooling ect.......
Make wise choses today that will favour you later in life

Reply to Dee