Question
Posted by: Ester | 2009-01-09

Trying to conceive baby no 2

I have been trying to conceive baby no 2 from early last year. I have had a laprascopy in May 08 for endometriosis and have been taking clomid every month since. My blood test confirm that I am ovulating every month but I am still unable to fall pregnant.Please can you advise what the next step is?

Dear Ester

The use Clomid on monthly bases is definitely to be discouraged as this may not only result in multiple ovarian cysts being produced but also will not allow sufficient time for the lining of the womb (endometrium) to recover and to allow implantation to occur. I would suggest that you look at alternate forms of ovulation induction and under supervision.

Answered by: Dr. M. I. Cassim