Question
Posted by: lucy | 2012-10-19

Trying to conceive

Hi Doc. in January 2012 my periods became irregular. this was after a month of leaving the pill. In July my gynae sais i suffer from polysystic overian syndrome and i was not ovulating.

All my fertility test came back negative and i have started exercsing and eating healthy

For the first time since july my ovualtion test kit gave me a smiley face

Does this mean i did ovualte and if my husnabd and i had intercourse on and before this day we may be pregnant

Dear Lucy
Supposing that your diagnosis of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) was correct then the positive ovulation detection test may well be accurate and I would certainly recommend that you continue using the ovulation kit for the next 2 to 3 cycles together with timed intercourse. Should you thereafter still not conceive, then it may be necessary to have your partners sperm tested and possibly look at a more aggressive ovulation induction strategy.
Answered by Dr M.I.Cassim

1
Posted by: Karin | 2012-11-03

I used Nuvida FertilityBlend to help with ovulation and their Ovumax tester showed precisely when I began ovulating. I conceived after 3 mths of using Fertilityblend and Ovumax after 7 years of trying hormone treatments which were unsuccesssful.

Reply to Karin