Question
Posted by: anony | 2011/01/18

TRYING TO CONCEIVE

My hubby and i have been trying to conceive since last year March. I was on triphasil from jan 2009,and stopped the pill on the 1st March 2010 (the day i got my period).Ever since then my period has been irregular and i''''''''m not sure when i''''''''m ovulating.my period days have been as follows:
1 MARCH
31 MARCH
28 MAY
4 JULY
10 AUG
8 SEPT
5 NOV
14 DEC
15 JAN 2011
Please advise on what i can do to regulat my cycle or know when i am ovulating .

Dear Anony

It appears that you do have an irregular cycles and this may mean that you may be ovulating one month and you may not be ovulating the other. There are two ways to assess if ovulation it taking place or not, one is to do a day-21 progesterone level and if that is high we can then assume that ovulation is taking place. There are also commercially available urinary test kits that can test when ovulation is taking place in your particular cycle. These test kits can be bought from a pharmacy over the counter.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

3
Posted by: Also Trying | 2011/02/16

Hi Dear.

The best way is to go and see a fertility specialist. They have a way of treating and tricking our cycles to regulate. He will first do a series of tests and then maybe he will put you on Clomid that will make you ovulate. Its always better to seek help from the experts. Im also on that journey and now trying acupuncture and Chinese herbs to regulate my cycles...

Good luck , baby dust to you!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Also Trying
Posted by: Maryna | 2011/02/14

We have a daughter of 4 years. My husband and I are now trying for almost 2 years to conceive, but nothing happened up till now. The problem is that I do not ovulate. Can you please give advise on what I can do to ovulate.

Reply to Maryna
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/01/26

Dear Anony

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert