Trying to conceive

Good day.

I was using the nur isterate injection for 5 or 6 years. After having a problem with ovarian cysts my doctor had me switch to yasmin. I took the yasmin for 2 months and the cyst was gone. I stopped taking it at the end of march as we decided to try for a baby (i am 25). i have been off the pills now for 2 months. My periods have returned as normal, does this mean i am ovulating? will i be able to conceive like everyone else between 3 to 6 months?

Dear Anonymous

In all probability you are ovulating and your hormone systems appear to be returning to a cyclical pattern. Provided there are no other extraneous factors interfering with your fertility you could expect conception between 3-6 months mark.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

i have been on the Pill(Tryphasil) for about 3 years and have since stopped and trying to concive. i stopped on 3103 its now end may. For the past two months my periods have only been a day long instead of normal three days i usually had. im 31 years old.