Question
Posted by: JM | 2009-01-26

Trying to conceive

I' ve been off the pill since Apr' 08. Went for gynae check-up June' 08, all fine.

Since being off the pill my cycle reduced to 21 days.

3- 4 weeks ago started to have various " pregnancy"  symptoms. (nauseous, back pain, xtreme tender breasts, tiredness etc) Also gained weight - but there was no changes in my diet.

Did 3 home tests, which came out positive. 1 Week before home test, I had bloodtests done - negative.

Partner forced me to visit dr. According 2 him, definitely not pregnant (but one could sense that he' s not sure and he also mentioned a possibility of a " tube pregnancy" ). He also said that one cannot believe home tests. He tested my urine for infection but it was clean. So he prescribed antibiotics for kidney " pipe"  infection.

The week thereafter was my period week. The monday when I was suppose to start was nothing, Tuesday the same and on Wednesday it started althought not as heavy as normally. Thursday all was gone again

So I can assume that I am not pregnant, although the backpain, nausea and tiredness exists and that all the symptoms might be due to a hormonal imbalance?

Should I give it a while before starting to worry about not conceiving or should I rather go and see my gynae?

Dear JM

I would strongly suggest that you see your gynaecologist to be re-assessed at this time. The fact that you had 3 home pregnancy tests that were positive and had a blood test a week before the home test does not necessarily mean that the urine test were falsely negative. As the blood test may not have been picked up this pregnancy a week earlier. You also mentioned that your Doctor suggested the possibility of an Entopic pregnancy. This condition is quiet a dangerous and should be excluded as soon as possible.