Question
Posted by: Pushy | 2009-01-19

Trying to conceive

I am trying for baby no 2 since 2006. I have consulted few gynae' s they all confirmed that I do ovulate and they can' t find any problems and I will have to do the laparoscopy for further investigation.
I am confused because I did take long to conceive the 1st one. One of the gynae' s suggested that I also loose weight, maybe that could be answer to my problem.

Plz advise.

Dear Pushy

The most important actor to exclude in secondary infertility is tubal blockage and this can be investigated by means of an X-ray (HSG) or via laparoscopy. Once tubal patency has been confirmed then sperm analysis would be the next step and finally ovulation induction together with insemination may be all that is necessary to facilitate conception.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: chaks | 2009-01-21

i' m also struggling to have the second child my first one is turning nine years this year. please send me tips of where to go for help.

Reply to chaks