Posted by: NIV | 2009-01-12

Trying to conceive

Dear Doc
I had a misacarriage a few years back after IVF, 4 months later after going on a diet and excercising, i conceived naturally, and had a problem free pregnancy. My husband and i tried recently again and i had a miscarriage between 8 weeks and 11 weeks. I didn' t bleed the baby' s heart beat just stopped. I' m 26 and my husband is 47 so we would like to try asap, as his age is against us. How long should we wait to try again? We both on a health program, as it helped last time. And what is th chances of me miscarrying again? Is there any pre-cautions i should take if i find out i' m pregnant again, after havening 2 miscarriages, although they wre not after each oter to prevent having another miscarriage

Wait fro 3 months before trying again. As you have had a succ3essful pregnancy inbetween, your chance of miscarriage would not be significantly increased. Start taking folate tablets and see your doctor as soon as you know that you are pregnant.

Posted by: f | 2009-01-12

At least 3 months to reduce the risk of another miscarriage.

Reply to f