Question
Posted by: suzy | 2008/08/11

Trying to conceive

I’  ve been trying to conceive for 5yrs now. I have pcos. The dr prescribed 150mg clomid and I’  ve been ovulation for the past 3 months now. Went for an ovulation blood test and it was 160. I think that’  s Good! I had intercourse on the time of ovulation. Could there be something I’  m doing wrong. I’  ve lost so much weight. I am 59 kg and 1.7mt tall. I am currently taking prenatal vitamins and I am on a strict diet. I do not drink or smoke. How long should it take a couple to conceive that are ovulating? Or could someone give me some advice. I have tried everything and I am really feeling discouraged!! Please someone help me.

Dear Suzy

The problem with polycystic ovarian syndrome is usually that one has difficulty in ovulating. It is good news that you are ovulating with Clomid and that is the first step. It takes on average, for most couples to conceive approximately a period of 6 months. However if you have still not conceived there may be other factors that maybe contributing to your inability to fall pregnant. Amongst others the following should be tested, the husband’s semen analysis, the patency of the fallopian tubes and the absence or presence of endometriosis.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo

2
Posted by: Lize | 2008/08/15

I recommend to go to a reputable infertility specialists. We' ve been struggling for 6 years, and were eventually referred to the Medfem Fertility clinic in Sandton and I can really recommend them. After nine years of marriage we were blessed with a little girl. I know this is probably the worst time for any woman to be in, but try and hang in there.

Reply to Lize
Posted by: Rha | 2008/08/13

I think you should try to go to the doctor with your partner(man). He must be checked his sperm count also

Reply to Rha