Posted by: M D | 2009-03-06

Trying for a baby

I have been married for eight years and we have been trying to conceive a baby with my wife and we have gone to specialist at Parklane Clinic and the specialist told us that my wife pipes were blocked and she had a operation to unblock the pipes and it was successfully, then we stay for about eight months then we did invitro, it also failed because only one egg was fertilized then she did not fall pregnant. One thing that is hurting my wife she feels as if she failing me as to become a daddy and I always say to her everything is in God’ s hand, please help with any suggestion.

Dear M.D

It is important to understand that the success rate with in-vitro fertilization is not 100% and it is sometimes necessary to repeat treatment a few times. However the fact that only one egg was fertilized may prove to be a limiting factor in this case.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim