Question
Posted by: bev | 2008/07/17

trying Clomid

Hey
i am trying ttc. i had a miscarriage last year october.
no infections was found in test,
doctor gave me Fertomid to try for six cycles, and i might conceive.
what procedure can tell me what is the problem?
what does a laparoscop do?

Dear Bev

It is important to note that a miscarriage is not a totally uncommon phenomenon and therefore I would not at this stage be overly concerned about investigations. If however 2 or more consecutive miscarriages occur then further investigations will be necessary. Also if no conception has taken place after attempting for 9 months then a laparoscopy may be considered but is not always necessary as there are other investigations that need to be done prior to this. A laparoscopy involves an anaesthetic and admission to hospital and is not entirely without risk.

Answered by: Dr.M.I. Cassim