Question
Posted by: Bella | 2008/09/04

Trying again

A friend I recently met up with again has told me " stories"  about having has Lukaemia and Cancer and being hi - jacked.
As her stories seemed a little far fetched and changed at every teling I contacted a member of her family and enquired as to her health. I was told ALL the stories are untrue. Not even an exaggeration but totally untrue. How do I handle it? Do I confront her and say I know she is lying or do I just ignore the stories like not comment or give sympathy or anything.

Confrontation is oh, so over-rated, and implies an angry or hostile manoeuvre. DO NOT give sympathy for her lies. Simply calmly tell her that you happened to be chatting to someone in her family, who revealed that her stories are untrue, and you now don't know when it would be safe to believe her or trust her. And is she really a FRIEND you need in your life ?

1
Posted by: Bella | 2008/09/05

Thats the million dollar question. I feel sorry for her.

Reply to Bella