Question
Posted by: Bibie | 2008/09/15

TRYING AFTER ECTOPIC

I had an ectopic pregnancy in June this year. It was 8wks and on the right tube, which I was told it raptured. When should I try again to conceive?

Dear Bibie

You may attempt conception soon after your very next spontaneous cycle. It is important to note that after an ectopic surgical removal, a withdrawal bleed often follows and manifests in the form of a menstrual period. This should not be confused with a true menstrual period, which usually follows 4-6 weeks later. It is only after this spontaneous period that you should try to attempt conception.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Trish | 2008/09/17

Shame I also had an ectopic pregnancy on my right tube in March and it was completely removed. My doctor advised me to try again after three months as it takes the body about three to heal after op.

Reply to Trish