Question
Posted by: angel | 2010-08-30

trying

Hi Doc,
Sorry for jumping this on you but the other experts aren''t answering their forms.

Hiubby and I’  ve been trying to get pregnant for a year now in which time we''''ve tried several things... (Including not trying) as people say you should forget about it.

I am insulin resistant and take my glucophage as regularly as the headaches and nausea allows it. I''''ve tried clomid as well. Blood pressure is usually quite low and I exercise as much as I have time for. The doctor also said day 5 - 9 of my cycle is the best time to try but nothing yet.
What other advice can you give me?

Hallo Angel
There are a few steps one should take if you have been trying for a year with no success:
1. have your husband's sperm tested to see if there are enough viable sperm
2. see a gyne to see if you are ovulating - best time to see is about 2 weeks after your first day of menstruation (with a sonar)
3. they may need to check if your tubes are open - examination under anaesthetic (see why you need to check the sperm first - as the woman's exams are so much more expensive and invasive!)
Best is to see a gyne / infertility clinic
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-08-30

Hallo Angel
dr Bets