Posted by: wvw | 2009-02-09

try to concieve when ovulation ?

Hi i would like to know to things
1 can you please help me to track ovulation i hav a 29-30 day cicle this month started on the 25 january 09 start my clomid on the 29 jan 09 till 02 feb 09 when i am i supose to ovulate i have been testing with the ovulastion strips since fryday 06 feb 09 plaese tell me when to test to see if i am ovulating
2 can you tell me is it possible to see a differince in sperm when using sperm aid before the sperm aid the semen was grey and i noticed that is is now white as milk or whiter is it the sperm aid working

Dear WVW

The answer to the first part of the question is that ovulation testing with the urine strips should normally start on Day 10 of the cycle. However depending on the dose of Clomid used it is sometimes better to start on Day 9 and continue testing daily even if you have to use 2 courses of test strips. Occasionally ovulation may occur later in the cycle and it maybe necessary therefore to test up to 10 day, from Day 9 to around Day 18 of the cycle. The answer to the second question is that the colour change may simply be a change in chemistry of the seminal fluid and has no direct implication to the actual sperm themselves and their performance.

Answered by: Dr M. I. Cassim